Friday, December 2, 2011

Are sea Cucumbers edible for humans to eat?

I just found out what a sea cucumber was and now I am wondering if people can eat them? Does it taste good? Is it good for you? I dont want to try it, its just that I I want to knoww Thank you|||It may come as a surprise that the sea cucumber is a prized food, particularly on Asian markets, where it fetches good prices - but not for use in salads! Instead it Is sold in a smoked, dried form and is sought after for use in soups and, according to some reports, as an aphrodisiac.


In its prepared form it is known as trepang or b茅che-de-mer and, earlier this century and through much of the nineteenth century, the animal was the basis of a major export industry across northern Australia.





I had to eat it once at a Chinese wedding in Kuala Lumpur - it looked rather bizarre on the plate - all by itself!!!|||Yes, but you need to be careful to prepare them carefully in order for them to be edible to eat by both humans and people.||| They eat them in Eastern Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment