Friday, December 2, 2011

Where I can get the information about sea cucumber (Holothuriidea, teripang, gamat, teat fish)?

My name Kecebong Juling (24 male). I'm the student college from Marine Science, Hasanuddin University, Macassart, Indonesia. Now, I want to do research. My tittle research is : Distribution of Sea Cucumber, Relation With Environment Character in Wanci Island, Wakatobi Archipelago, South East Sulawesi, Indonesian. In this time, I will try to making research proposal.





Anyway, the parameter that I want to meassure is Physic Oceanography (temperature, salinity, velocity, depth), Chemical Oceanography (Dissolved Oxygen, pH), Marine Biology (Identification species of the sea cucumber), and Sedimentation ( Sediment texture, and Totally Suspended Sediment). My research location in the Coral Reefs, Sand, and SSea grass and I use Factorial Exam Data to describe the distribution of sea cucumber, and I want to find out what the influence of these things to the sea cucumber.





I have problem to find out information about sea cucumber ecology, especially, role ecology. Maybe somebody have information about this? Or can you help me to give me the link or website or anything that have relation with the information ??





By the way, do you now how i can get fund this research ?? and what is the condition to get this fund ?





Thanks for you attention....^_^





Best Regards,





Kecebong Juling|||The sea cucumber (also known as trepang, b锚che-de-mer, or ambiguously, sea slug) is an echinoderm of the class Holothuroidea, with an elongated body and leathery skin, which is found on the sea floor worldwide. It is so named because of its cucumber-like shape. The body contains a single, branched gonad. Like all echinoderms, sea cucumbers have an endoskeleton just below the skin, calcified structures that are usually reduced to isolated microscopic ossicles (or sclerietes) joined by connective tissue. These can sometimes be enlarged to flattened plates, forming an armour. In pelagic species (Order Elasipodida, family Pelagothuriidae), the skeleton is often absent[1].





Contents [hide]


1 Overview


2 Sea cucumbers as food and medicine


3 Commercial Harvest


4 Sea cucumbers in art and literature


5 Sea Cumbers in Captivity


6 See also


7 Notes


8 External links








for further details and picture :


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Cucumbe鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment