Friday, December 9, 2011

What is the weirdest animal you have ever eaten?

The weirdest animals I've eaten are dog, frog, goat, and sea cucumber.|||I'm a Malaysian currently residing in Australia but I've been to China so here's a list of what weird things I tried in each country:





China





Fish Lips (Yeah I know it's fish, but a dish just consisting of lips??) disgusting %26amp; jelly-like.





Monkey Brain - Surprisingly it's tasteless! Just try to forget they've whacked off the top part of the head of a screaming monkey and you're scooping the brains out and putting it in your mouth. anyway, I could only get a spoonful down my throat, and did it asap, so at least I think it was tasteless.





Malaysia





shark meat - you can buy at any fish market, pretty tasty when fried with ginger and black bean sauce.





sago worms - They're actually big fat beetle larvae that can only be found in 'sago' trees. They're eaten alive (still squirming) **warning - bite off the head first though! taste? cannot describe it, but it's quite disgusting really but it's a delicacy, and they can be roasted too. too bad I got to try the alive ones. ugh..





dog - didn't realised what it was. when my friends started giggling when I happily ate it, I was suspicious. when they told me much much later, I was shocked. *sorry poor doggy** tastes like beef, or veal.





sea cucumber - braised with abalone. ewww... tasteless, but jelly-like and disgusting, albeit tasteless.





crocodile - again, was tricked by my parents. apparently, it's good for circulation etc etc blah blah. otherwise, tastes pretty much like chicken.





Frogs' Legs - Fried, usually as an appetiser or entree. It's ok, tastes like lean chicken.





sea urchin - disgusting, really. tastes fishy (in a bad way), oyster-ly (i know it's not a word, just trying to describe it).








jellyfish - as an entree, served cold, with sesame oil, lime juice, chilli and red onion. yum yumm......





snake's blood - this is particularly nasty. it's actually downright horrible. apparently good for blood circulation and a host of other ailments. not too sure it's true though.





camel kebabs - it's nice, tastes like chicken nothing special, though





Australia





emu steaks - pretty much like beef, just a little difference in taste and texture





kangaroo steaks - can be mistaken as normal sirlion steaks!





there are some others, but not very special though like rabbit and mutton kebabs, ostrich steaks, and shark fin. all quite nice. but still, I prefer my chicken.=D|||I drank the worm out of a mezcal bottle. and beef tongue tacos.|||Camel, escargot (love 'em), goat.|||I ate "jellyfish" a few years ago in a dimsun restaurant in Anaheim, CA! It wasn't to bad, actually it didn't have any precise taste!|||Escargot (snails) and surprisingly, they were really good. All you could taste was the garlic and butter sauce.|||alligator, ostrich, buffalo, frog, pheasant, octopus, rabbit, shark, wild boar, ginnea fowl, etc... I work in a fine dinning restaurant so I get to try alot of cool food.|||Sea urchin, Rocky Mountain oysters, sheep head soup, braised squirrel, cow brains, escargot, mealworms, and turtle.





Some taste better than others...|||sea urchin - urgh!|||rattlesnake and alligator|||shark is it didnt have a taste though and i guess its not wierd your sick for eating dog thats not nice|||I dont want any hate mail because of this...


but I have tried dog, grasshoppers and spiders (yeah yeah, insects but still strange)...


Who knows, I've eaten some weird things in weird countries, you dont always know whats in front of you.|||frog! eww and i will never eat it again! it tastes gross!|||I ate kangaroo burgers, and in the miltary we had to eat insects for survival training... But none of that was as bad as eating sea slugs... I saw it on fear factor and got drunk one night and my friends dared me to try it, we went to the beach and he grilled it up,,, it wasn't worth the twenty dollars i got cause i wa sick for a week after.





ok, you girls win this round, I've eaten odd things but you all seem to have eaten some strange things. I can't even think where you'd get a cow's brain at in the supermarket. although i had mountain oysters, that wasn't bad, it was a snack in my mom's mart of mississippi.|||reindeer. Turkey nuts (yes, it's what is sounds like).|||iguana on a stick in cuba|||Deer and alligator|||snapping turtle and road-kill woodchuck!! (My uncle saw it killed and scooped 'er up!! Good stuff on kabobs!) By the way, goat is not a wierd food!

No comments:

Post a Comment