Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What are some invasive species of sea urchins, sea stars, and sea cucumbers in hawaii?

also, what is their role in the ecosystem and some back ground/historical info|||As far as I can tell, there aren't any invasive echinoderms in Hawaii. I found this page:





http://www2.bishopmuseum.org/HBS/invertg鈥?/a>





which lists invasive marine species, but there are no echinoderms on there. I lived in Hawaii a while ago, and volunteered at the Waikiki Aquarium. They have a pretty vigorous volunteer training program, butI don't remember any mention of invasive echinoderms in that connection. I'm sure they would have taught us about them if they existed. So my two cents are: although there are lots of invasive species in Hawaii, echinoderms aren't a problem at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment