Saturday, November 19, 2011

Just recently got a sea cucumber and it dropped a portion?

The back end of my sea cucumber lost a portion, which still has a patch of skin on it, but is mostly white. The back end is deflated, so it wasn't a clean separation, more like a zit that got popped and the guts of the zit came out in a ball, you know?





My question is whether this is normal (I'm not sure how sea cucumbers reproduce, so maybe it's splitting off or dropping an egg sac), or if this is a bad sign?|||rhys is correct.


It will shoot out those long white strings as a defense..they can sting a little on some people when it hits their skin (I can feel it - kinda like a bristle work feel, doesn't bother my husband)





If it does it all the time, it is distressed and it can be a bad thing, but if it only happens in handling, no trouble.|||oh its normal when a cucumber gets scared it throws up its insides its a defense mechanism

No comments:

Post a Comment